Old town hall
|• Mayor||Marco Schütz (Ind.)|
|• Total||41.54 km2 (16.04 sq mi)|
|Elevation||450 m (1,480 ft)|
|• Density||100/km2 (270/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Since 2012, Marco Schütz (independent) is the mayor. His predecessor was the former lieutenant from the German Army (Bundeswehr) Harald Wrona (FDP).
Places of interestEdit
- The Falkenstein is a 96 m high, free standing porphyry rock. It is a natural monument and hiking destination. The mountain rescue hut at its foot is managed.
- The route from Schmalkalden to Tambach-Dietharz is signposted as Martin-Luther-Weg and is a walking route.
- In the autumn of 1989, a monument to the Swiss Theologian, and protagonist of the Bekennenden Kirche, Karl Barth was raised in front of the Haus Tannenberg. Barth gave his "Tambacher Rede" speech, that introduced a new positioning of protestant Christianity in the 20th century, in this house in 1919.
- Meister Eckhart (born about 1260; died before April 30, 1328), theologian, mystic and philosopher
- Karl-Heinz Menz (born 1949), biathlete
- Matthias Jacob (born 1960), biathlete
- Erich Recknagel (1904-1973), ski jumper, participant in the Olympic Winter Games in 1928
- Eisregen (formed 1995), death metal band, all original members came from Tambach-Dietharz
- Eger, Axel (29 June 2012). "Bürgermeisterwahl in Tambach-Dietharz bleibt gültig". Thüringer Allegmeine. Retrieved 24 July 2017.
- "Bevölkerung der Gemeinden, erfüllenden Gemeinden und Verwaltungsgemeinschaften in Thüringen Gebietsstand: 31.12.2019". Thüringer Landesamt für Statistik (in German). August 2020.
|This Gotha district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|