This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
TVPlayer is an Internet television service in the United Kingdom, owned by international digital distribution company Alchimie. It access to free live television channel streams using a web browser or application software via big screen and small screen mobile devices. Alongside the free service, TVPlayer offers multiple no contract monthly subscriptions each carrying different premium live television channel streams.
|Founded||19 December 2013|
|Slogan||What Are You Watching?|
|Headquarters||30 Haymarket, 3rd Floor, London, SW1Y 4EX|
TVPlayer was launched as Android and Apple iOS smartphone apps on 19 December 2013, compatible apps for Android tablet computers and the Apple iPad were released on 30 January 2014. Company representatives reported that TVPlayer had received 250,000 application software downloads within 28 days of launching.
On 30 January 2017, TVPlayer announced it had launched compatibility for all Windows 10 devices. As of January 2017, TVPlayer application software had been downloaded 2.5 million times since inception and boasted over one million active viewers.
Accessing TVPlayer contentEdit
All TVPlayer apps can be used via devices connected to all 3G, 4G, and Wi-Fi Internet connections. Some channels are only available while using a Wi-Fi Internet connection due to licensing rights and legal restrictions. TVPlayer is a United Kingdom only service and offers streaming of up to 1080i video resolution depending on the playback device being capable. Two devices on the same account can stream subscribed content at the same time.
|Devices and operating systems that can be used to watch TVPlayer television content|
|Laptops & Desktop Computers||Tablet Computers & Smartphones||Video Game Consoles||Set-top Box / Streaming Devices|
|Microsoft Windows 10 or later (Microsoft Store app)||Microsoft Windows 10 or later (Microsoft Store app)||Xbox One||EE TV (Premium Channels Only)|
|Operating system with Adobe Flash Player enabled web browser||Google Android 4.2 or later||Freesat (Premium Channels Only)|
|Apple iOS 11.0 or later||Apple TV|
|Microsoft Windows 10 Mobile or later (Microsoft Store app)||Roku|
|Amazon Fire Tablet||Amazon Fire TV|
|Humax H3 espresso|
Available television contentEdit
There is a video on demand service allowing viewers to catch up on up to 30 days of television programmes. Some television channels aren't available on certain devices and software due to licensing rights and legal restrictions.
|Law & Crime||Free|
|Lifetime HD||Premium Pack|
|History HD||Premium Pack|
|Think History||Premium Pack|
|Think Nature||Premium Pack|
|Discovery Channel||Premium Pack|
|Crime+Investigation HD||Premium Pack|
|Think Travel||Premium Pack|
|Give Me Five||Premium Pack|
|Food Network +1||Free|
|The following television channels are available as separate no contract monthly subscriptions|
- ltd, company check. "TVPLAYER LIMITED. Free business summary taken from official companies house information. Free alerts. Registered as 08284946". Company Check. Retrieved 29 November 2017.
- "TVPlayer: Watch Live TV Online For Free - Apps". www.tvplayer.com. Retrieved 3 December 2017.
- "TVPlayer tablet app streams BBC, ITV, C4, Channel 5 and 20 legal free channels | TheMarketingblogTheMarketingblog". www.themarketingblog.co.uk. Retrieved 3 December 2017.
- "DTG :: News :: TVPlayer app received 250,000 downloads". dtg.org.uk.
- http://www.advanced-television.com/2017/01/30/tvplayer-launches-on-windows-10-os-devices%7CTVPlayerLaunchesOnWindows10%7Caccess-date=2017-01-31[dead link]
- "Can I Use 4G To Watch TVPlayer? – TVPlayer Help Centre". support.tvplayer.com. Retrieved 3 December 2017.
- "TVPlayer: Watch Live TV Online For Free - Catchup". tvplayer.com. Retrieved 31 January 2017.
- "TVPlayer: Watch Live TV Online For Free - TVPlayer Plus". tvplayer.com. Retrieved 22 November 2017.