TLC (Polish TV channel)
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)|
|Owner||Discovery Networks CEEMEA|
|Launched||15 October 2009 (as Discovery Travel & Living) |
1 October 2010 (as TLC)
|Replaced||Discovery Travel & Living Europe (1999-2009)|
|Former names||Discovery Travel & Living Polska (2009-2010)|
|UPC Poland||Channel 114|
|Cyfrowy Polsat||Channel 129 (HD)|
|NC+||Channel 135 (HD)|
|Orange Polska||Channel 338 (HD)|
The channel was launched on 15 September 2009 by Discovery Networks Central Europe as the local version of Discovery Travel & Living. It replaced the Pan-European version of the channel, which had been available in Poland since 1999. Unlike the Pan-European version, the Polish channel offers advertising. The channel has 3.6 million subscribers. On 1 October 2010, Discovery Travel & Living Poland became TLC, as part of Discovery's rebranding plan of most of its Discovery Travel & Living channels worldwide.
- "Kolejny kanał Discovery z reklamami". Wirtualne Media. September 8, 2009.
- "Discovery Travel & Living". Cyfra+.
- "Lokalne pasmo w Discovery Travel&Living". Media2.pl. September 7, 2009.
- "Polski akcent w Discovery Travel & Living". Mediamikser.pl. September 8, 2009.
- "Oprah Winfrey Network expands to CEE". Broadband TV News. August 22, 2013.
|This article about a Polish television station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|