|Operating system||Windows, Mac|
In July 2015, Skyview Capital, a global private investment firm, purchased Syncplicity from EMC.
Syncplicity offers both free and paid accounts.
Other file synchronization servicesEdit
Several file synchronization and backup services launched around the same time as Syncplicity, including Live Mesh, Dropbox, and SugarSync. Syncplicity allows synchronization with other online services including Google Docs, Zoho, and Facebook. Documents can be synchronised with an associated Google Docs account from Windows or Macintosh computers; however, documents uploaded to free Google Docs accounts will be converted to Google Docs file formats where conversion is supported, and otherwise ignored. Photos can be synchronised with Facebook albums. Online services including Scribd and Piknik are supported by Syncplicity.
In 2008, Syncplicity was rated the second best synchronization software behind Dropbox in a Lifehacker reader poll, and PCWorld's reviewer called Syncplicity "my top pick among sync services". A later review (under EMC ownership) found that Syncplicity might not be able to compete well with Dropbox and Sugarsync on price and storage, but has features, including security and availability, that might be attractive to business users. The free version offers less storage than other free services.
- "CrunchBase Profile of Leonard Chung". crunchbase.com. Retrieved 2010-11-11.
- Hrebicek, Ondrej. "The Beta period is over! | Syncplicity Blog". Blog.syncplicity.com. Retrieved 2010-05-31.
- "New Business Edition Release With Mac Support, Newsfeeds and IT Console" (Press release). syncplicity.com. 2010-10-05. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "EMC Acquires Syncplicity" (Press release). EMC Corporation. 2012-05-21. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- King, Rachel. "EMC selling off Syncplicity unit to Skyview Capital | ZDNet". ZDNet. Retrieved 2018-09-11.
- "Axway Announces the Acquisition of Syncplicity". Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- "Syncplicity Pricing and Comparison". syncplicity.com. 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Sync Service Syncplicity Raises $2.35M". Venturebeat.com. 2008-10-31. Retrieved 2011-02-14.
- "3 Tools to Sync Your Files with Google Docs". Readwriteweb.com. 2011-01-21. Archived from the original on 2011-06-25. Retrieved 2011-02-14.
- Mishra, Manav (2010-01-22). "Desktop app to sync/backup Google Docs on your desktop". Technospot.net. Archived from the original on 2010-01-31. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- Adam Pash (July 17, 2008). "Five Best File Syncing Tools". Lifehacker. Retrieved January 30, 2017.
- Syncplicity Review, by Scott Dunn (July 31, 2008). "Syncplicity Syncplicity Utility Software Review". PCWorld. Retrieved 2010-05-31.
- Best Backups review. Undated, but has page source and comment dated November 2012