Stiftung Mater Dolorosa Berlin-Lankwitz
The Stiftung Mater Dolorosa Berlin-Lankwitz (Mater Dolorosa Berlin-Lankwitz Foundation) is an independent nonprofit foundation under the civil law of Germany and Berlin based in Lankwitz in the borough Steglitz-Zehlendorf of Berlin. The foundation was founded by the parish Mater Dolorosa (Berlin-Lankwitz) in 2006, and it was the first independent foundation of a parish within the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Berlin. The foundation took into consideration the strong cut of financial grants by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Berlin which came along with the decline of church taxes and the consequential financial crisis of the archdiocese in 2003.
|Founder||Mater Dolorosa (Berlin-Lankwitz)|
|Legal status||Independent non-profit foundation under civil law|
|Affiliations||Mater Dolorosa (Berlin-Lankwitz)|
The mission of the foundation is to support the parish Mater Dolorosa (Berlin-Lankwitz) financially. This can be realised by the sponsorship of church-related, charitable and non-profit matters.
The Stiftung Mater Dolorosa Berlin-Lankwitz is a self-dependent foundation and it has two foundation organs: an executive three-person management board and a controlling five-person council board. Furthermore, the non-profit status is controlled by the governmental finance authority and independence and conformity to law are supervised by the governmental controlling authority. The foundation is supporting projects, but it is not acting operatively.
The historian Lorenz Weinrich was co-founder of the foundation, the politician, lawyer and civil law notary Barbara Saß-Viehweger is member since 2006 and the psychiatrist Michael Linden was member of the council board from 2009 to 2014.
- Annelen Hölzner-Bautsch: 100 Jahre Kirche Mater Dolorosa. Geschichte der katholischen Gemeinde in Berlin-Lankwitz. 1912 bis 2012. Katholische Pfarrgemeinde Mater Dolorosa, Selbstverlag, Berlin 2012, S. 214 f.
- Senate Department for Justice and Consumer Protection, Berlin – Governmental supervision – Registry of foundations Archived 2015-09-24 at the Wayback Machine, retrieved 25 Oktober 2015.
- Organisation of the Mater Dolorosa Berlin-Lankwitz Foundation, retrieved 25 Oktober 2015.
- Mathias Stengel: Die stillen Helden von Berlin – Zeichen gegen den Spardruck (The silent heroes – a stand against saving pressure). In: Berliner Morgenpost, 2 July 2007, retrieved 25 Oktober 2015.
- Gregor Krumpholz: Vom schwarzen Schaf zum katholischen Musterknaben (From the black sheep to the catholic paragon). In: Die Welt, 22 December 2006, retrieved 25 October 2015.
- 100 Jahre Kirche Mater Dolorosa. Geschichte der katholischen Gemeinde in Berlin-Lankwitz. 1912 bis 2012. Mater Dolorosa Berlin-Lankwitz, retrieved 25 October 2015.