Stadtroda (Roda until 1925) is a town of 6,653 people (2017), located in Thuringia, Germany. Stadtroda lies on the river Roda, a tributary of the Saale. The former municipalities Bollberg and Quirla were merged into Stadtroda in January 2019.
|• Mayor||Klaus Hempel|
|• Total||24.07 km2 (9.29 sq mi)|
|Elevation||200 m (700 ft)|
|• Density||280/km2 (720/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Vehicle registration||SHK, EIS, SRO|
According to some sources, Faust was born in Roda in 1480. The house where he was born was torn down and sold to Chicago in 1896, where it was going to be shown in the Germany-Hall of the World's Fair. The fate of the house is unknown.
Mayors since 1886
Sons and daughters of the townEdit
- Princess Louise of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg (1756–1808), Princess of Sachsen-Gotha, Duchess of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, wife of the regent in the same place
- Paul Leopold Friedrich (1864-1916), surgeon
- Joachim Erwin (1949-2008), jurist and CDU politician, mayor of Düsseldorf 1999-2008
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stadtroda.|
- "Bevölkerung der Gemeinden, erfüllenden Gemeinden und Verwaltungsgemeinschaften in Thüringen Gebietsstand: 31.12.2019". Thüringer Landesamt für Statistik (in German). August 2020.
- Utz Möbius: Chronik der Stadt Stadtroda. Geiger, Horb am Neckar 2003, ISBN 3-89570-896-8.
|This Saale-Holzland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|