This is a list of text-searchable, free (no-pay, non-subscription/-membership/-login) online English newspaper sources. As a rule, entries on this list access thousands or millions of newspaper pages; they are intended to provide a significant resource to aid in article building. Websites that provide only limited free material, thus cutting off the bulk of a much larger database, such as ''The New York Times'', are not included.
* [http://www.ourfutureourpast.ca/newspapr/ Alberta Heritage Digitization Project (1885–2001)]
* [http://historicalnewspapers.library.ubc.ca/ BC Historical Newspapers (1865–1993)] 35 British Columbia newspapers provided by [[University of British Columbia]]
* [http://newspapers.bc.edu/ Boston College newspaper collection (1888-2013)]
*[http://eagle.brooklynpubliclibrary.org/Default/Skins/BEagle/Client.asp?Skin=BEagle Brooklyn Daily Eagle] – Digitization of the historic Brooklyn Daily Eagle newspaper, from October 26, 1841 to December 31, 1902; approximately 147,000 pages.
* [http://cdnc.ucr.edu/ California Digital Newspaper Collection]
* [http://www.dloc.com/?s=cnip Caribbean Newspaper Digitization Project (titles from various countries, 1900–present)] archive of historic and current newspapers from the Caribbean
*[http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov Chronicling America] – Digitization project of the U.S. Library of Congress; a smorgasbord of American newspapers published between 1836 and 1922; approximately 5,200,000 pages.
*[https://www.elephind.com Elephind] – text searchable free database of approximately 2,700 newspapers.
*[http://news.nnyln.net/ Northern New York Library Network], overlapping some of Old Fulton's content but smaller (about 2,000,000 pages) and providing a different search interface.
*[http://fultonhistory.com/Fulton.html Old Fulton NY Post Cards] – A private digitization project; contains over 21,000,000 old New York State historical newspaper pages.
* [http://manitobia.ca/content/en/newspaperslist Manitobia (1869–present)] 38 Manitoban newspapers provided by [[Department of Canadian Heritage]]
* [http://digitalnc.org/collections/newspapers North Carolina Newspapers (1824–2011)]
*[http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/cgi-bin/paperspast Papers Past] – Digitization project of the National Library of New Zealand; over 2,000,000 New Zealand newspaper pages.
*[http://www.theeuropeanlibrary.org/tel4/newspapers The European Library] – text searchable free database of approximately 3.3 million European newspaper pages; a project funded under the European Commission's CIP 2007–2013 programme.
*[http://trove.nla.gov.au/ Trove] – Digitization project of the National Library of Australia; over 5,000,000 Australian newspaper pages.
==Accessing Google News Archive==