Waldkirchen: Difference between revisions

15 bytes added ,  6 years ago
m
Disambiguating links to Market (link changed to Market (place)) using DisamAssist.
m (Bot: Migrating 23 interwiki links, now provided by Wikidata on d:q505961 (Report Errors))
m (Disambiguating links to Market (link changed to Market (place)) using DisamAssist.)
[[File:Waldkirchen1.jpg|thumb|left|Waldkirchen township]]
 
It was mentioned for the first time in 1203. Soon it became an important trading place along the "Goldener Steig" (Golden Path), a salt-trading route between Bavaria and Bohemia in the late [[Middle Ages]]. In the 13th century the [[Bishop of Passau]] gave '''Waldkirchen''' the title of a "Markt" ([[Market (place)|market]]).
After several raids of [[Bohemian]] soldiers during the 15th century the city was surrounded by the "Ringmauer", a big stonewall which is still to be seen in many places of the city.
 
398,462

edits