Wülfrath: Difference between revisions

No change in size ,  7 years ago
m
→‎History: Removed italic type and hyperlinked "(...) Rhine Province (...)" to the corresponding article.
(Reverted to revision 543848722 by Addbot: rv to last good version. (TW))
m (→‎History: Removed italic type and hyperlinked "(...) Rhine Province (...)" to the corresponding article.)
After the transfer of the [[Duchy of Berg]] to the [[France|French]] and the establishment of the Grand Duchy of Berg, out of the hundreds Erbach, Püttbach, Obschwarzbach, Niederschwarzbach (all previously Amt [[Mettmann]]), Flandersbach, Rützkausen (previously Amt [[Angermund]]) and Oberdüssel (previously in the lordship of [[Schöller]]) was formed in 1808 the municipality (''mairie'') of Wülfrath. In 1809 Obschwarzbach and Niederschwarzbach were added to Mettmann, in return for which, the hundred of Unterdüssel with the village of Düssel were given to Wülfrath.
 
After the wars of liberation the place came to [[Prussia]], as part of the newly created ''[[Rhine Province'']]. By an ordinance of 1827 Wülfrath was entitled to representation as part of the estate of towns in the Rhine Provincial Parliament. In 1856 it finally received full municipal rights with the passing of the town ordinance for the Rhine Province.
 
==Church and other buildings==