A '''National Internet Registry''' (or NIR) is an organization under the umbrella of a [[Regional Internet Registry]] with the task of coordinating [[IP address]] allocations and other Internet resource management functions at a national level within a [[country]] or economic unit.
NIRs operate primarily in the Asia Pacific region, under the authority of [[APNIC]], the Regional Internet Registry for that region.
* [[VNNIC]], Vietnam Internet Network Information Center
* [[Indian Registry for Internet Names and Numbers]]
The following NIRs are currently operating in the Latin American ([[LACNIC]]) region:
* [[Internet governance]]
* [[Local Internet registry]]
* [http://www.nic.mx NIC Mexico website]
* [http://www.nic.cl/ NIC Chile website]
[[Category:Regional Internet Registries]]