Waldkirchen: Difference between revisions

154 bytes added ,  7 years ago
m (r2.7.1) (Robot: Adding ms:Waldkirchen)
Belonging to the Bishop of Passau's territory for more than 600 years, the city became part of the [[Kingdom of Bavaria]] in 1806 and in 1871 of the [[German Empire]].
 
Waldkirchen burned down 6 times (1492- 1945). The last time was on April 26th 1945, when Waldkirchenthe was16th destroyedCompany byof advancingRegiment [[UnitedGrossdeutschland, States|American]]SS troopsPanzer becauseGrenadier Division "Das Reich" arrived from St. Pölten, Austria. Each squad of a10 misunderstandingmen was armed with 1 Light Machine Gun, 1 machine pistol, 2 Panzerfaust and rifles. TherebyIn combat with the 11th Armored Division, eight civilians were killed, 48 houses and city's historical church were destroyed. In the course of action 120 families lost shelter.
The totally devastated city was rebuilt during the 1950s and was chartered in 1972.
 
297

edits