Waldkirchen: Difference between revisions
no edit summary
m (r2.7.2+) (Robot: Modifying pl:Waldkirchen (powiat Freyung-Grafenau))
Belonging to the Bishop of Passau's territory for more than 600 years, the city became part of the [[Kingdom of Bavaria]] in 1806 and in 1871 of the [[German Empire]].
Waldkirchen burned down 6 times (1492- 1945). The last time was on April 26th 1945, when Waldkirchen was destroyed by advancing [[United States|American]] troops because of a misunderstanding. Thereby
The totally devastated city was rebuilt during the 1950s and
▲The totally devastated city was rebuilt during the 1950s and became a "Stadt" (City) in 1972.
Waldkirchen was host of the 2007 [[Landesgartenschau]].