Llanarmon Mynydd Mawr: Difference between revisions

[[Image:Out of the way chapel - geograph.org.uk - 980382.jpg|thumb|240px|Hermon chapel, built in 1827 and rebuilt in 1906]]
The area of the parish is today largely mountain pasture. As with many such communities, its population has fallen over the years: in 1833 it had 164 inhabitants.<ref name=genuki>[http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/DEN/LlanarmonMM/ Llanarmon Mynydd Mawr], [[GENUKI]]</ref> There are a number of rare late-mediaeval [[cruck]]-framed buildings.<ref name=cpat2>[http://www.cpat.org.uk/projects/longer/histland/tanat/1021.htm Tanat Valley Historic Lanscape Characterisation], Clwyd-Powys Archaeological Trust</ref> There is also a Calvinistic Methodist chapel, Hermon, rebuilt in 1906 in a "curious" [[Art Nouveau]]-influenced style.<ref name=jones129>Jones, A. ''Welsh chapels'', National Museum of Wales, 1996, p.129</ref>
The academic [[Griffith Hartwell Jones]] was the son of a rector of Llanarmon Mynydd Mawr, the Rev. Edward Jones. A previous incumbent (1578-95) was [[William_Morgan_%28Bible_translator%29|William Morgan]], Bible translator and later Bishop of [[Llandaff]].