Llanarmon Mynydd Mawr: Difference between revisions

(Created page with ''''Llanarmon Mynydd Mawr''', formerly occasionally referred to as Llanarmon Fach, is an isolated rural parish in Powys, north Wales. It measures around 2 sq...')
 
==History==
 
The church of St. Garmon ([[St. Germanus]]) is thought to be of early-mediaeval origin; it was 'restored' in 1886 to designs by W. H. Spaull of [[Oswestry]].<ref name=llanfylin>[http://llanfyllindeanery.org.uk/parishes/mynyddmawr.htm St Garmon's Church, Llanarmon Mynydd Mawr]</ref> The area was historically part of the parish of [[Llanrhaeadr-ym-mochnantMochnant]] but eventually became a separate [[township (England)|township]] for administrative purposes.<ref name=cpat>[http://www.cpat.org.uk/projects/longer/histland/tanat/tnadmini.htm Tanat Valley], Clwyd-Powys Archaeological Trust]</ref>
 
The area of the parish is today largely mountain pasture. There are a number of rare late-mediaeval [[cruck]]-framed buildings.<ref name=cpat2>[http://www.cpat.org.uk/projects/longer/histland/tanat/1021.htm Tanat Valley Historic Lanscape Characterisation], Clwyd-Powys Archaeological Trust</ref>