(→External links: interwiki +fr)
m (link fixes)
'''Linz am Rhein''' (in English ''Linz on the Rhine'') is a municipality in the [[Neuwied (district)|district of Neuwied]], in [[Rhineland-Palatinate]], [[Germany]]. It is situated on the right bank of the river [[Rhine]] near [[Remagen]], approx. 25 km southeast of [[Bonn]] and has about
Linz is the seat of the ''[[Verbandsgemeinde]]'' ("collective municipality") [[Linz am Rhein (Verbandsgemeinde)|Linz am Rhein]].
The town is also a destination for tourists
[[Image:Linz.jpg|thumb|500px|left|View of Linz]]
The town of Linz was first mentioned in an official document in 874 and called "Lincesce".
Between 1206 and 1214 the parish church St. Martin was built at the most elevated spot of the town. A former church, which was located at the same place, had been destroyed during the fights of Otto IV and
The most important political decision for Linz was taken in the late Middle Ages. Between 1304 and 1332 Linz was officially awarded
In 1391 a fire destroyed two thirds of the city. In 1475 the Emperor's troops occupied Linz during the "Neuss War". The town hall, which is one of the major sights of Linz, was built in 1517.
In 1815, Linz became part of Prussia. One year later in 1816 Linz received the status of a district town ("Kreisstadt"). This status was revoked in 1822 and Linz became part of the Neuwied county.
After the Second World War, Linz became a part of Rhineland-Palatinate in 1946.