'''Christ Church Picture Gallery''' is a picture gallery at [[Christ Church, Oxford|Christ Church]], [[Oxford]], [[England]]. The gallery holds an important collection of about
200 Old Master paintings and nearly 2,000 drawings. It is one of the most important private collections in the [[United Kingdom]]. The greater part of the collection was bequeathed in 1765 by a former member of the college, General John Guise. Further gifts and bequests were made by W.T.H. Fox-Strangways, [[Walter Savage Landor]], Sir Richard Nosworthy & C.R. Patterson.
The Picture Gallery is especially strong on [[Italy|Italian]] art from the 14th to 18th
century. Artists represented include [[Annibale Carracci]] (''[[The Butcher's Shop]]''), [[ Albrecht Dürer]], [[Hugo van der Goes]], [[ Leonardo da Vinci]], [[ Frans Hals]], [[ Filippino Lippi]], [[ Michelangelo]], [[ Sano di Pietro]], [[ Raphael]], [[ Salvator Rosa]], [[ Peter Paul Rubens]], [[ Tintoretto]], [[ Anthony Van Dyck]] and [[ Paolo Veronese]].
current gallery was designed by [[Hidalgo Moya]] and [[Philip Powell (architect)|Philip Powell]], and built in 1968 and is located in the Deanery garden.
== External links ==