Yaroslav's Court: Difference between revisions

no edit summary
'''Yaroslav's Court''' (''Yaroslavovo Dvorishche'' [Ярославово Дворище] in Russian) was the princely compound in the city of [[Novgorod the Great]]. The prince also had a compound at called the ''Riurikogo Gorodishche'' south of the Marketside of the city.
 
Yaroslav's Court is named after [[Yaroslav the Wise]] who, while prince of Novgorod (988-1015), built a palace there. The Novgorodian veche often met in front of Yaroslav's Court. The compound stood just south of the Marketplace. The Trade Mart built in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, is what is left of Yaroslav's Court.
 
The compound stood just south of the Marketplace. The Trade Mart built in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, is what is left of Yaroslav's Court.