South East (Fujian) Motor Co., Ltd., trading as Soueast, is a Chinese automobile manufacturer based in Fuzhou, Fujian, and a joint venture between China Motor Corporation (25%), Fujian Motor Industry Group (50%) and Mitsubishi Motors (25%). Its principal activity is the design, development, production and sale of passenger cars and minibuses sold under the Soueast marque. It also manufactures Mitsubishi brand passenger cars for sale in mainland China.
|Headquarters||Fuzhou, Fujian, China|
|Zi-Sheng Zuo (President)|
|Owner||China Motor Corporation (25%)|
Fujian Motors Group (50%)
Mitsubishi Motors (25%)
As of early 2011, Soueast had an annual production capacity of around 180,000 units, but this was set to rise to 300,000 with the completion of current construction, which may have been finished by early 2012.[note 1]
In April 2008, Soueast was awarded a contract to supply 5,700 Delica minibuses to the Iranian Mehreghan Co. In the same year, Jackie Chan was signed on as a Mitsubishi brand ambassador for Mainland China markets.
Soueast Motors produces Soueast-branded models including the V3 and V5 sedans, and a range of Mitsubishi models for the Chinese market.
Soueast produces the following models under the Soueast marque:
- Soueast V3 Lingyue sedan (2008)
- Soueast V5 Lingzhi sedan (2012)
- Soueast V6 Lingshi hatchback (2013)
- Soueast C1 Xiwang microvan (Formerly, Verica)
- Soueast Delica minibus (1996)
- Soueast DX3
- Soueast DX7 Bolang SUV (2015)
Soueast produces the following models under the Mitsubishi marque:
Soueast has at least one production base in Qingkou city, Minhou County, Fuzhou, Fujian province. This location has probably been expanded three times with the second phase possibly completed c. 2009 as that year saw a 150% increase in units produced. As of early 2011, total yearly production capacity for all sites was forecast to soon reach 300,000 with the completion of the base's third phase. February 2012 production was 37% higher than that of the previous year, which may reflect this additional capacity coming online.
A total of 96,553 Soueast brand passenger cars were sold in China in 2013, making it the 38th largest-selling car brand in the country in that year (and the 21st largest-selling Chinese brand).
- Production capacity figures may consider engines and vehicles as discrete.
- "Company Overview of South East (Fujian) Motor Co., Ltd". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 4 January 2014.
- Affiliated Companies - China Motor Corporation Archived 2012-03-14 at the Wayback Machine Yulon Group Official Site
- Mitsubishi Motors to invest in South East (Fujian) Motor Co., Ltd. of China Archived 2012-06-16 at the Wayback Machine Mitsubishi Official Site, April 12, 2006
- Activities by Region, Asia, 2009 Archived 2012-03-09 at the Wayback Machine Mitsubishi Official Site
- Affiliated Companies - South East (Fujian) Motor Co., Ltd. Archived 2012-03-14 at the Wayback Machine Yulon Group Official Site
- Soueast Motor wins Iranian export deal chinadaily.com.cn, 2008-01-04]
- Lagging far behind, Mitsubishi looks to new joint partnership chinadaily.com.cn, 2010-11-15
- "CHINA'S SOUEST MOTORS TO BEGIN THIRD-PHASE PLANT AFTER FESTIVAL". Asia Pulse. Rhodes. Jan 25, 2011.
- About Us - History Archived 2010-12-03 at the Wayback Machine South East Motor Official Site
- 1.6 Mitsubishi ASX flying into China soon chinacartimes.com, December 6, 2010
- "Soueast Motor wins Iranian export deal". China Daily. 1 January 2008. Retrieved 4 January 2014.
- Business in brief - Mar. 25 people.com.cn, March 25, 2008
- Activities by Region: Asia, ASEAN and other regions (PDF). Mitsubishi Motors. 2010. pp. 2 (18). Archived from the original (PDF) on December 2, 2012. Retrieved June 28, 2012.
- "Mitsubishi Motors announces production, sales and export figures for February 2012". Mitsubishi Motors. March 29, 2012. Retrieved June 28, 2012.
- "2013 Passenger Vehicle Sales by Brand". China Auto Web. 15 January 2014. Retrieved 5 April 2014.