Jan Jacobus "Sonny" Silooy (born 31 August 1963) is a Dutch former professional footballer and football manager. His last team as a manager was United Emirates squad Al Shabab under 19. His most successful time as a player was in his period with Ajax. He won seven Eredivisie titles, four KNVB Cups, three Johan Cruyff Shields, one UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, one UEFA Cup, one UEFA Super Cup and one Intercontinental Cup.
|Full name||Jan Jacobus Silooy|
|Date of birth||31 August 1963|
|Place of birth||Rotterdam, Netherlands|
|2010||Dayton Dutch Lions|
|2011–2014||D.C. United (Assistant)|
|2014–2015||KNVB (Assistant U18)|
|2015||Sparta Rotterdam (B1)|
|2015||KNVB (Assistant U19)|
|2015–2016||Al Shabab (U19)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Silooy was born in Rotterdam. He played as a right or central defender and is one of the legends of Ajax Amsterdam, where he made his debut on 3 May 1981, playing over 250 league games for the Amsterdam club in two separate periods. Silooy also played for Matra Racing, Arminia Bielefeld, De Graafschap and the amateurs of GVV Unitas from Gorinchem. He played in the 1996 UEFA Champions League Final against Juventus, but missed a key penalty in the shootout which Ajax ultimately lost.
Silooy, a member of the Dutch squad at the 1983 FIFA World Youth Championship, obtained 25 caps for the Netherlands national football team, including 8 appearances in Euro 88 qualifying, but never played in a major international competition.
- "Sonny Silooy - International Appearances". The Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation.
- 11 FREUNDE – Bundesligen – Ik heb een tweejarig contract Archived 2010-02-10 at the Wayback Machine
- Sonny Silooy at home.wanadoo.nl
- Interlands Sonny Silooy Archived 2008-06-28 at the Wayback Machine
- Sonny Silooy to leave Ajax[dead link]
- "Sonny Silooy named D.C. United Assistant Coach". D.C. United. Archived from the original on 6 July 2011. Retrieved 1 July 2011.
- (in Dutch) Profile
- (in Dutch) International career
- (in English) Ajax.nl – Sonny Silooy to leave Ajax, 7 February 2008