|Chip form factors||?|
|Processors||mobile APU products (Kaveri)|
This article is part of the CPU socket series
"Kaveri"-branded ULV products combine Steamroller with Crystal Series (GCN), UVD 4.2 and VCE 2 video acceleration, AMD TrueAudio audio acceleration and AMD Eyefinity-based multi-monitor support of up to two non-DisplayPort- or up to four DisplayPort monitors.
- ECC DIMMs are supported on Socket FP3, mixing of ECC and non-ECC DIMMs within a system is not supported.
- There are 3 PCI Express cores: one 2 x16 core and two 5 x8 cores, for a total of 64 lanes. There are 8 configurable ports, which can be divided into 2 groups:
- Gfx-group: contains 2 x8 ports. Each port can be limited to lower link widths for applications that require fewer lanes. Additionally, the two ports can be combined to create a single x16 link.
- GPP-group: contains 1 x4 UMI and 5 General Purpose Ports (GPP).
All PCIe links are capable of supporting PCIe 2.x data rates. In addition, the Gfx link is capable of supporting PCIe 3.x data rate. The FP3 package supports two different voltage levels on the VDDP rail. At the 1.05 V nominal setting, the Gfx link can support PCI Express 3.x data rate, while at the 0.95 V setting, the maximum data rate supported by the Gfx link is PCI Express 2.x
- The FP3 package supports two different voltage levels on the VDDR rail. At the 1.05 V nominal setting, the maximum speed of DDR3-2133 can be supported while at the 0.95 V setting, the maximum speed supported is DDR3-1600..
Its desktop counterpart is Socket FM2+.
|Brand||Llano||Trinity||Richland||Kaveri||Carrizo||Bristol Ridge||Raven Ridge||Picasso||Desna, Ontario, Zacate||Kabini, Temash||Beema, Mullins||Carrizo-L||Stoney Ridge|
|Released||Aug 2011||Oct 2012||Jun 2013||Jan 2014||Jun 2015||Jun 2016||Oct 2017||Jan 2019||Jan 2011||May 2013||Q2 2014||May 2015||June 2016|
|GPU microarchitecture||TeraScale 2 (VLIW5)||TeraScale 3 (VLIW4)||GCN 2nd gen||GCN 3rd gen||GCN 5th gen||TeraScale 2 (VLIW5)||GCN 2nd gen||GCN 3rd gen|
|Instruction set||TeraScale instruction set||GCN instruction set||TeraScale instruction set||GCN instruction set|
|Fab. (nm)||GlobalFoundries 32 SOI||GlobalFoundries 28 SHP||GlobalFoundries 14LPP||GlobalFoundries 12LP||TSMC 40||28|
|die area (mm2)||228||246||245||245||250||210||210||75 (+ 28 FCH)||~107||?||125|
|Socket||FM1, FS1||FM2, FS1+, FP2||FM2+, FP3||FM2+[a], FP4||AM4, FP4||AM4, FP5||FT1||AM1, FT3||FT3b||FP4|
|3D engine[b]||Up to 400:20:8||Up to 384:24:6||Up to 512:32:8||Up to 704:44:16||Up to 704:44:16||80:8:4||128:8:4||Up to 192:?:?|
|Video decoder||UVD 3.0||UVD 4.2||UVD 6.0||VCN 1.0||UVD 3.0||UVD 4.0||UVD 4.2||UVD 6.0||UVD 6.3|
|Video encoder||N/A||VCE 1.0||VCE 2.0||VCE 3.1||N/A||VCE 2.0||VCE 3.1|
|GPU power saving||PowerPlay||PowerTune||N/A||PowerTune|
- APU models: A8-7680, A6-7480. CPU only: Athlon X4 845.
- Unified shaders : texture mapping units : render output units
- To play protected video content, it also requires card, operating system, driver, and application support. A compatible HDCP display is also needed for this. HDCP is mandatory for the output of certain audio formats, placing additional constraints on the multimedia setup.
- To feed more than two displays, the additional panels must have native DisplayPort support. Alternatively active DisplayPort-to-DVI/HDMI/VGA adapters can be employed.
- DRM (Direct Rendering Manager) is a component of the Linux kernel. Support in this table refers to the most current version.
- "49125_15h_Models_30h-3Fh_BKDG" (pdf). AMD.
- "AMD Mobile "Carrizo" Family of APUs Designed to Deliver Significant Leap in Performance, Energy Efficiency in 2015" (Press release). 20 November 2014. Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- "AMD VEGA10 and VEGA11 GPUs spotted in OpenCL driver". VideoCardz.com. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- "The Mobile CPU Comparison Guide Rev. 13.0 Page 5 : AMD Mobile CPU Full List". TechARP.com. Retrieved 13 December 2017.
- Cutress, Ian (1 February 2018). "Zen Cores and Vega: Ryzen APUs for AM4 – AMD Tech Day at CES: 2018 Roadmap Revealed, with Ryzen APUs, Zen+ on 12nm, Vega on 7nm". Anandtech. Retrieved 7 February 2018.
- Larabel, Michael (17 November 2017). "Radeon VCN Encode Support Lands in Mesa 17.4 Git". Phoronix. Retrieved 20 November 2017.
- Tony Chen; Jason Greaves, "AMD's Graphics Core Next (GCN) Architecture" (PDF), AMD, retrieved 13 August 2016
- "A technical look at AMD's Kaveri architecture". Semi Accurate. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- "How do I connect three or More Monitors to an AMD Radeon™ HD 5000, HD 6000, and HD 7000 Series Graphics Card?". AMD. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- Airlie, David (26 November 2009). "DisplayPort supported by KMS driver mainlined into Linux kernel 2.6.33". Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Radeon feature matrix". freedesktop.org. Retrieved 10 January 2016.
- Deucher, Alexander (16 September 2015). "XDC2015: AMDGPU" (PDF). Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- Michel Dänzer (17 November 2016). "[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-amdgpu 1.2.0". lists.x.org.
|This computer hardware article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|