SingleThread is a farm, inn, and restaurant in Healdsburg, California.
|Owner(s)||Kyle and Katina Connaughton|
|Head chef||Kyle Connaughton|
|Food type||Japanese and New American|
|Street address||131 North St.|
SingleThread Farm, Restaurant, and InnEdit
In 2014, Kyle and Katina Connaughton bought property in Sonoma County, California for a five-acre farm and a restaurant and inn in downtown Healdsburg. They worked over two years to cultivate the farm's vegetables and flowers, olive trees, fruit orchards, beehives, chickens, and cattle. They prepared the inn and developed a menu for the restaurant, opening in December 2016 as SingleThread.
The menu at SingleThread combines Japanese influences with farm-to-table ingredients. The dinner menu features 11 courses, with vegetarian, pescatarian, and omnivore options and dishes changing each night.
The San Francisco Chronicle gave the restaurant four stars. The World's 50 Best Restaurants named SingleThread its "One To Watch" in 2018. The Michelin Guide awarded SingleThread two stars in the 2018 Michelin Guide for San Francisco, and three stars in 2019.
Owners Kyle and Katina ConnaughtonEdit
Mr. Connaughton attended culinary school and worked in several notable restaurants in Los Angeles, including Spago, Campanile, and Suzanne Goin’s AOC and Lucques. He then trained as a sushi chef, working under Andy Matsuda at the Sushi Chef Institute. In 2003, he moved to Japan to work for Michel Bras in Hokkaido. In 2006, he moved to England to work for Heston Blumenthal at The Fat Duck. During their travels, Ms. Connaughton studied sustainable agriculture and English and Japanese gardens.
- Baker, Abbe (January 29, 2019). "Power Couples: SingleThread's Kyle and Katina Connaughton". Michelin Guide.
- Fabricant, Florence (October 8, 2018). "An Overnight Success Story That Took Decades". The New York Times.
- Fort, Ellen (December 2, 2016). "Single Thread Explained: What to Expect at the Restaurant, Inn, and Farm". Eater SF.
- Canavan, Hillary Dixler (May 17, 2017). "The Restaurant That Proves the Best Dining Room Is a Living Room". Eater.
- Bauer, Michael (March 24, 2017). "Single Thread in Healdsburg: A flawless 4 stars on arrival". San Francisco Chronicle.
- Odell, Kat (May 30, 2018). "Seven reasons why SingleThread in California is the restaurant to watch in 2018".
- "Chef Kyle Connaughton of SingleThread - Biography". StarChefs. September 2017.
- Moore, Naoko Takei; Connaughton, Kyle (2015). Donabe: Classic and Modern Japanese Clay Pot Cooking. Potter/Ten Speed/Harmony/Rodale. ISBN 9781607747000.