Shiribeshi Subprefecture (後志総合振興局, Shiribeshi-sōgō-shinkō-kyoku) is a subprefecture of Hokkaido Prefecture, Japan. The subprefecture's capital is Kutchan. As of July 31, 2004, the estimated population was 256,184 and the area was 4,305.65 km².
|• Total||4,305.82 km2 (1,662.49 sq mi)|
|• Density||58/km2 (150/sq mi)|
Towns and villages by districtEdit
- Abuta (Shiribeshi) District
- Furubira District
- Furuu District
- Iwanai District
- Isoya District
- Shakotan District
- Shimamaki District
- Suttsu District
- Yoichi District
- 1897: Otaru Subprefecture, Iwanai Subprefecture, and Suttsu Subprefecture were established.
- 1899: Kutchan Village (now Kutchan Town and Kyōgoku Town), Abuta District were transferred from Muroran Subprefecture (now Iburi Subprefecture) to Iwanai Subprefecture.
- 1899: Otaru Subprefecture, Iwanai Subprefecture, and Suttsu Subprefecture were merged to form Shiribeshi Subprefecture. Makkari Village (now Makkari Village, Kimobetsu Town, and Rusutsu Village) and Kaributo Village (now Niseko Town), Abuta District were transferred from Muroran Subprefecture.
- Official website (in Japanese)
|This Hokkaidō location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|