|• Total||206.89 km2 (79.88 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,147/km2 (2,970/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+6 (BST)|
|Website||Official Map of Shibpur|
Shibpur is located at. It has 44365 households and total area 206.89 km².
As of the 1991 Bangladesh census, Shibpur has a population of 237246. Males constitute 50.77% of the population, and females 49.23%. This Upazila's eighteen up population is 117487. Shibpur has an average literacy rate of 32.3% (7+ years), and the national average of 32.4% literate.
Shibpur has 9 Unions/Wards, 125 Mauzas/Mahallas, and 196 villages. Name of Union of Shibpur.
Shibpur is a densely industrial area, and is home to many textile mills. Narsingdi gas field is located in the Shibpur upazila under Narsingdi district adjacent to the Dhaka-Sylhet highway about 45 km away of northern most east direction from capital city of Bangladesh, Dhaka. This field was discovered by Petrobangla in 1990. Total recoverable gas reserves of this field re-estimated by Hydrocarbon Unit is 215 billion cubic feet (6.1×109 m3). Commercial gas production was started in 1996 and till 31 August 2006 total 66.304 billion cubic feet (1.8775×109 m3) or 30.84 percent of gas reserves has been recovered.
Educational Institute of ShibpurEdit
- Gov. Saheed Asad College
- Shibpur Pilot Model High School
- Shibpur Saheed Asad Collegiate Girl's High School & College
- Shibpur Pilot Girls High School
- Abdul Mannan Bhuiyan College
- Abdul Mannan Bhuiyan Adarsho Biddyapith
- Shibpur Model Gov Primary School
- Masimpur Gov. Primary School
- Datter Gaon Gov. Primary School
- Datter Gaon High School
- Sabuj Pahar College, Shibpur
- Harihardi High School & College, Shibpur
- Shibpur Model College
- Syed Nagar Govt. Primary School
- Syed Nagar Ataur Rahman High School
- Tulip Kinder Garden, Syed Nagar
- Dulalpur High School
- Telia Jawakandi high School
- Moharpara High School
- Doripura Model High School
- Lakhpur Shimulia High School
- Kharia High School & College
- Majlishpur High School
- Gashutia Govt. Primary School
- Bhuiyan, Md. Iftekhar Uddin (2012). "Shibpur Upazila". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. (eds.). Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- "Population Census Wing, BBS". Archived from the original on 2005-03-27. Retrieved November 10, 2006.
- "Shaheed Asad Day today". New Age. Dhaka. 20 January 2005. Archived from the original on 26 February 2005.
|This Dhaka Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|