Shaw–Blades is an American musical duo/group formed by Tommy Shaw of Styx and Jack Blades of Night Ranger, both of whom played in the supergroup Damn Yankees. It is an informal duo which has produced two albums between other projects, 1995s Hallucination and 2007s Influence. The first two songs on "Hallucination" -- "My Hallucination" and "I'll Always Be with You"—received modest airplay. "Influence" consisted solely of 1960s and 1970s cover songs that influenced them. Blades' son Colin, an experimental songwriter himself, contributed backing vocals and arrangements to the album. Shaw-Blades also recorded a cover of the classic Christmas song "The Twelve Days of Christmas" on the A Classic Rock Christmas album by various classic rock artists in 2002. Shaw–Blades did a short tour of America in Spring 2007 and another in Autumn 2007. Both members still principally record and perform with the acts which made them famous.
- Released March 14, 1995
- Track listing:
- "My Hallucination"
- "I'll Always Be With You"
- "Come to Be My Friend"
- "Don't Talk to Me Anymore"
- "I Stumble In"
- "Blue Continental"
- "Down That Highway"
- "How You Gonna Get Used to This"
- "Night Goes On"
- "I Can't Live Without You"
- "The End"
- "How Does It Feel" - Japanese Bonus Track
- "Straight Down the Line" - Japanese Bonus Track
- Released March 6, 2007
- Track listing:
- "Summer Breeze" (Seals and Crofts cover)
- "Time of the Season" (The Zombies cover)
- "Your Move" (Yes cover)
- "I Am a Rock" (Simon & Garfunkel cover)
- "Lucky Man" (Emerson, Lake & Palmer cover)
- "The Sound of Silence" (Simon & Garfunkel cover)
- "California Dreamin'" (The Mamas & The Papas cover)
- "On a Carousel" (The Hollies cover)
- "Dirty Work" (Steely Dan cover)
- "For What It's Worth" (Buffalo Springfield cover)
- "Dance With Me" (Orleans cover)
- "No Matter What" - Japanese Bonus Track (Badfinger cover)
In other mediaEdit
"My Hallucination" was used in the movie Tommy Boy.
- liner notes on album
- 411mania.com: Music - A Classic Rock Christmas