This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Time zone||UTC+5.30 (IST)|
|Cities and towns in Contai subdivision of Purba Medinipur district|
M: municipal city/ town, CT: census town, R: rural/ urban centre, S: port, sea-beach
Owing to space constraints in the small map, the actual locations in a larger map may vary slightly
Shankarpur is located in the Purba (East) Medinipur District of the state of West Bengal, Shankarpur is a beach destination along the Digha-Contai Road which is fast gaining popularity. It is at a distance of about 185 km from the capital city Kolkata, and about 14 km from the famous beach town Digha.
There is frequent bus service to Digha from Dharmatala bus stand of Kolkata and many other parts of West Bengal. It is almost a 5-hour journey from Kolkata. Bus service is also available from towns across West Bengal such as Midnapore, Bankura, Asansol, Bardhaman, Howrah and, also from Orissa via Balasore (Baleswar). Nearest bus stops of Shankarpur are "14 Mile" or at "Ramnagar". From both of the places tracker service or van service is available.
- 2857 Tamralipta express Howrah Dep time 6:40AM Digha flag station 10 AM
- 8001 Kandari express Howrah Dep time 7:50AM Digha flag station 12 PM
- 5722 Paharia express Howrah Dep time 2:15PM Digha flag station 5:50 PM
- 12847 Duronto Express Howrah Dep time 11:15AM Digha flag station 2.15 PM
- Shankarpur travel guide from Wikivoyage