|• Mayor||Thomas Schäfer (CDU)|
|• Total||29.84 km2 (11.52 sq mi)|
|Elevation||286 m (938 ft)|
|• Density||160/km2 (420/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Seelbach is located on the western edge of the Black Forest in the Schutter Valley, south-eastern of Lahr.
The following cities and towns share a border with Seelbach. They are listed clockwise starting in the north: Friesenheim, Biberach, Schuttertal, Ettenheim, Kippenheim and Lahr.
There are three boroughs, Seelbach, Wittelbach and Schönberg.
After the last election in June 2009, the town council consists of 18 seats. The members belong to political parties as follows 
The mayor is elected by the citizens for a term of 8 years. He's also the head of the town council.
Mayors since 1831
- 1831–1832: Vogt Schöttgen (signs the first time with „Bürgermeister“)
- 1832–1838: Karl Obert
- 1838–1844: Michael Schäfer
- 1849–1875: Xaver Räpple
- 1875–1886: Franz Anton Benz
- 1886–1910: Christian Himmelsbach
- 1910–1919: Josef Heizmann
- 1919–1923: Wilhelm Brucker
- 1923–1945: Theodor Simon
- 1945–1946: Georg Hartmann
- 1946–1948: Alfred Himmelsbach
- 1948–1957: Josef Fehrenbach
- 1957–1977: Alfred Dreyer
- 1977–1993: Walter Dilger
- 1993–2007: Klaus Muttach
- 2008–present: Thomas Schäfer
People, culture & architectureEdit
The Katharinenmarkt is a weekend long historic market that takes place annually in November since 1455. It is visited by nearly 20000 visitors.
- "Bevölkerung nach Nationalität und Geschlecht am 31. Dezember 2018". Statistisches Landesamt Baden-Württemberg (in German). July 2019.
- "Gemeinderat". Archived from the original on 2010-11-12.
- Official website (in German)
|This Ortenaukreis location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|