Schöneiche bei Berlin tramway
|Schöneiche bei Berlin tramway|
|Operator(s)||Schöneicher – Rüdersdorf Strassenbahn GmbH|
|Track gauge||1,000 mm (3 ft 3 3⁄8 in) metre gauge|
|Approx. 3,400 per day |
The route starts at Berlin S-Bahn station Friedrichshagen, located on line S3. It also connects to lines 60 and 61 of the Berlin trams here. It then runs alongside the Schöneicher Landstraße, before diverging from the road, and entering Brandenburg, and the town of Schöneiche. It then runs on street, through Kirschenstraße and Puschkinstraße, before passing the depot, at which point it returns to a single track running alongside Dorfstraße. It then makes a 90 degree turn at a roundabout, and travels past the centre of Schöneiche. After leaving Schöneiche, and following Kalkberger Straße, passing under the A10 road. The line then enters the town of Rüdersdorf, terminating at a loop located at Marienstraße.
The line is route 88 in the VBB system, with the majority of the line being located in Zone C. VBB tickets can be purchased that allow travel on the tramway, along with other transport in the VBB scheme. For passengers only travelling on the tram, the line also sells single, 10 journey, and monthly tickets, only valid on the tram. For these tickets the line is divided into three zones: Berlin, Schöneiche, and Rüdersdorf.
The tramway currently operates three types of vehicle in regular use.
The oldest vehicles in use are four Düwag GT6 trams, purchased from Heidelberg. These were originally built in 1966 and 1973, and do not provide low floor access. The other main part of the fleet are three Tatra KT4DNF trams, which were purchased from Cottbus and Szeged, and were built in 1987 and 1990. These do provide low floor access to the middle section of the tramcar.
Recently, the tramway has purchased two prototype Transtech Artic low floor articulated trams. Tram 51 entered service in September 2018. Tram 52 was delivered in early 2019. The first entirely low floor service was operated on May 1, 2019. A third Artic-Tram, numbered 53, entered service on March 25, 2020.
- "Wir über uns". Schöneicher-Rüdersdorfer Straßenbahn. Retrieved 7 December 2018.
- "Tarife". Schöneicher-Rüdersdorfer Straßenbahn (in German). Retrieved 10 December 2018.
- "Haustrarif". Schöneicher-Rüdersdorfer Straßenbahn (in German). Retrieved 10 December 2018.
- "Wagenparkliste Schöneicher-Rüdersdorfer Straßenbahn GmbH". tram-info. 15 November 2018. Retrieved 8 December 2018.
- "Betriebsstart für finnische Straßenbahnen bei Schöneicher – Rüdersdorfer Straßenbahn" [Start of operation for Finnish trams in Schöneiche – Rüdersdorf]. Urban Transport Magazine (in German). May 1, 2019. Archived from the original on October 17, 2019. Retrieved October 17, 2019.
- "ŠkodaTranstech to provide two trams to Germany's SRS". Railway Technology. 26 October 2018. Retrieved 8 December 2018.
- "Dritter Škoda Niederflurtriebwagen bei Schöneiche-Rüdersdorfer Straßenbahn in Betrieb" [Third Škoda low-floor tram starts operation in Schöneiche-Rüdersdorf]. Urban Transport Magazine (in German). April 17, 2020. Archived from the original on August 26, 2020. Retrieved August 26, 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Schöneicher-Rüdersdorfer Straßenbahn.|
|This German rail transport related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This tram-, streetcar-, or light rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|