Saudi Arabian Football Federation
The Saudi Arabian Football Federation (Arabic: الاتحاد العربي السعودي لكرة القدم) (SAFF) is the football governing body of Saudi Arabia. Founded in 1956, its responsibilities include administration of club competitions and national teams. The founder of the Saudi Arabian Football Federation is Khalid bin Faisal Al Saud.
|Affiliation||FIFA (1956) |
|President||Kosay Al Fawaz|
|Vice president(s)||Luai Al Subaiey|
During 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification, the fixtures between Saudi Arabia and Palestine were switched after Saudi Arabia cited “exceptional conditions” for their inability to travel to the West Bank. The return fixture, originally to be played on 13 October 2015 at the Faisal Al-Husseini International Stadium, Al-Ram, was later postponed due to Saudi Arabia's refusal to pass through Israeli-controlled borders, until the process of agreeing on the venue was concluded. The match was rescheduled to be played on 5 November 2015 in Palestine, after the Palestinian Football Association gave full security guarantees for the match. The match was later further delayed until 9 November, and to be changed to a neutral venue in Asia, as the Palestinian government confirmed that it could no longer guarantee the safety and security for the match. The neutral venue was announced to be Amman International Stadium in Amman, Jordan.
In November 2017, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Bahrain pulled out of the 23rd Arabian Gulf Cup due to the 2017 Qatar diplomatic crisis. However, they eventually participated on 23rd Arabian Gulf Cup since the host country was moved to Kuwait.
List of presidents of SAFFEdit
The following is a list of presidents of Saudi Arabian Football Federation (SAFF) since its establishment.
- Saudi League - Premier Division
- Saudi League - First Division
- Saudi League - Second Division
- Saudi League - Third Division
- Prince Faisal bin Fahd League U-21
- Youth Premier Division League U-20
- Youth First Division League U-20
- Youngster Premier Division League U-17
- Youngster First Division League U-17
- "Arabia and Yemen are new members". The Straits Times. 28 July 1972.
- "FIFA.com - Saudi Arabia on FIFA.com". fifa.com. Retrieved 24 July 2011.
- "Palestine and Saudi Arabia agree to swap venues for World Cup qualifier". The National (UAE). 8 June 2015.
- "World Cup 2018: Palestinians and Saudi Arabia at loggerheads over key game". CNN. 29 September 2015.
- "FIFA statement on the Palestine-Saudi Arabia 2018 FIFA World Cup™ qualifier". FIFA.com. 7 October 2015.
- "Palestine vs Saudi Arabia 2018 FIFA World Cup™ qualifier to be played on 5 November". FIFA.com. 21 October 2015.
- "Palestine to play Saudi Arabia and Malaysia on neutral ground". FIFA.com. 4 November 2015.
- "Amman the venue for Palestine qualifiers". FIFA.com. 5 November 2015.