San Juan School District
San Juan School District (SJSD) is a school district headquartered in Blanding, Utah.
|San Juan School District|
|200 North Main Street, Blanding|
|Superintendent||Ron T. Nielson :2|
|Budget||38.5 million USD (2018) :55|
|NCES District ID||4900900|
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (April 2017)
As of 2017 teachers in communities of the southern part of the school district (the Bluff, Montezuma Creek, and Oljato–Monument Valley areas) tend to have less experience than those in the northern part of the school district (Blanding, La Sal, and Monticello); about 50% of the teachers to the north have 14 or more years of experience while 7% of teachers in the southern communities have that experience.
- Monticello High School - Monticello
- Monument Valley High School - Oljato–Monument Valley (Unincorporated area)
- San Juan High School - Blanding
- Whitehorse High School - Unincorporated area adjacent to Montezuma Creek
High schools (9-12):
Middle schools (7-8):
- Albert R. Lyman Middle School - Blanding
- Montezuma Creek Elementary School - Aneth (Unincorporated area)
- In 2017 the school offered to give salaries of $80,000 to teachers with many years of experience who are designated as lead teachers.
- Monticello Elementary School - Monticello
- Tsé'bii'nidzisgai Elementary School - Oljato–Monument Valley (Unincorporated area)
- Blanding Elementary School - Blanding
- Bluff Elementary School - Bluff (Unincorporated area)
- La Sal Elementary School - La Sal (Unincorporated area)
- Nielson, Ron T.; Hosler, Kyle Scot (2018-06-12). "Annual Budget Report" (PDF). San Juan School District. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2018-12-31. Retrieved 2018-12-31.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for San Juan District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 2018-12-31.
- Cortez, Marjorie (2017-04-22). "Wanted: Effective, veteran teachers willing to relocate to San Juan County". The Deseret News. Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP (INDEX): Montezuma Creek CDP, UT." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on April 27, 2017. Pages: 1, 2, 3.
- Home. Whitehorse High School. Retrieved on April 27, 2017. "State Highway #162, PO Box 660, Montezuma Creek, Utah 84534"
- Home. Montezuma Creek Elementary School. Retrieved on April 27, 2017. "State Highway #162, Montezuma Creek, Utah 84534"
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Aneth CDP, UT." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on April 27, 2017.
- "Rural Utah school district offers $80,000 teaching salaries". Associated Press at the Houston Chronicle. 2017-04-26. Retrieved 2017-04-27.
|This Utah school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|