|Alma mater||University of Iași|
University of Wisconsin–Madison
|Discipline||History of science|
|Sub-discipline||Ancient and medieval mathematics, optics, natural philosophy|
|Institutions||Tel Aviv University|
|Doctoral students||Leo Corry|
Sabetai Unguru was born in 1931 in Podu Iloaiei, Romania. He studied philosophy, philology, history, and mathematics at the University of Iași, before immigrating to Israel in 1961. He obtained his Ph.D. in the history of science from the University of Wisconsin–Madison in 1970, and was an assistant and associate professor in the Department of History at the University of Oklahoma between 1970 and 1982.
Unguru was appointed associate professor at Tel Aviv University in 1983, and became full professor in 1987. He served as Director of the Cohn Institute for the History and Philosophy of Science and Ideas at Tel Aviv University from 1991 to 1997.
- Fried, Michael N.; Unguru, Sabetai (2001). Apollonius of Perga's Conica: Text, Context, Subtext. Leiden: Brill. ISBN 978-90-04-11977-2. OCLC 47056365.
- Unguru, Sabetai, ed. (1991). Witelonis Perspectivae liber secundus et liber tertius: Books II and III of Witelo's Perspectiva. Studia Copernicana. XXVII. Wrocław: The Polish Academy of Science Press. ISBN 978-83-04-03086-2. OCLC 26586375.
- Unguru, Sabetai (1989). מבוא לתולדות המתמטיקה [An Introduction to the History of Mathematics] (in Hebrew). Tel Aviv: Ministry of Defence Publications. ISBN 978-965-05-0420-5. OCLC 22495107.
- Unguru, Sabetai, ed. (1977). Witelonis Perspectivae liber primus: Book I of Witelo's Perspectiva. Studia Copernicana. XV. Wrocław: The Polish Academy of Science Press. OCLC 873220431.
- Unguru, Sabetai (1975). "On the Need to Rewrite the History of Greek Mathematics". Archive for History of Exact Sciences. Springer Nature. 15 (1): 67–114. doi:10.1007/bf00327233. ISSN 0003-9519. JSTOR 41133441. S2CID 121752060.
- Unguru, Sabetai (1979). "History of Ancient Mathematics: Some Reflections on the State of the Art". ISIS. 70 (254): 555–565. doi:10.1086/352342. JSTOR 230723.
- Unguru, Sabetai (1991). "Rewriting the History of Greek Mathematics" (PDF). Jahrbuch 1990/91. Berlin Institute for Advanced Study: 137.
- "Unguru Sabetai". Cohn Institute for the History and Philosophy of Science and Ideas. Tel Aviv University. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- "Past and present, the go-between: Writing on ancient mathematical texts". Philosophy, Science and the Sciences. Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin. 2 February 2016.
|This biographical article about an Israeli historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|