Rydułtowy [rɨduu̯ˈtɔvɨ] (German: Rydultau) is a town in southern Poland. It is in the Wodzisław County of the Silesian Voivodeship. Rydułtowy is in the south-western part of the Silesian Highland, on the Rybnik Plateau, in the Oświęcim-Racibórz Valley.
Spoil tip in Rydułtowy
|Gmina||Rydułtowy (urban gmina)|
|• Mayor||Marcin Połomski|
|• Total||15 km2 (6 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,400/km2 (3,700/sq mi)|
A mining town, Rydułtowy has been closely bound with the 200-year-old "Rydułtowy-Anna" coal mine.
Rydułtowy was first mentioned in documents from 1228. Rudolphi Willa is the name of the village in the Racibórz Principality, as shown in the books of the Wrocław Archbishop, dated from the 13th century.
- Housing in the Charles's building settlement
- Municipal Hospital buildings "Rydułtowy" ZOZ (health care service)
- Penitential cross
- Railway station
- Rail tunnel
- Scales building KWK "Rydułtowy" (coal mine)
- St. Hyacinth's Church
- St. George's Church
Twin towns – sister citiesEdit
- "Population. Size and structure and vital statistics in Poland by territorial divison in 2019. As of 30th June". stat.gov.pl. Statistics Poland. 2019-10-15. Retrieved 2020-03-19.
- "Miasta partnerskie". rydultowy.pl (in Polish). Rydułtowy. Retrieved 2020-03-19.
- Jewish Community in Rydułtowy on Virtual Shtetl
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rydułtowy.|
|This Wodzisław County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|