Ryan Michael Hewitt (born January 24, 1991) is an American football tight end who is currently a free agent. He has also taken significant snaps at fullback. He played college football at Stanford and was signed by the Cincinnati Bengals as an undrafted free agent in 2014.
Hewitt with the Cincinnati Bengals in 2017.
|Born:||January 24, 1991|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||255 lb (116 kg)|
|High school:||Mullen (Denver, Colorado)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Hewitt was signed by the Cincinnati Bengals after going undrafted in the 2014 NFL Draft. He won a training camp battle with veteran fullback John Conner to secure a spot on the Bengals final roster.
Hewitt had 10 receptions for 86 yards during his rookie season, and finished eighth in Pro Football Focus's lead blocker rankings. He has established himself as a versatile weapon for Cincinnati, playing the H-back position and blocking for running plays while also catching passes out of the backfield and from the tight end position.
On September 1, 2018, Hewitt was released by the Bengals as a part of final roster cuts before the start of the 2018 season.
- Bengals hit hybrid sweet spot with Ryan Hewitt
- Dehner Jr., Paul (September 1, 2018). "Bengals release veteran Ryan Hewitt, shift to Mason Schreck". Cincinnati.com. Retrieved September 2, 2018.
- Walker, Andrew (September 3, 2018). "Colts Sign Free Agent Tight End Ryan Hewitt; Place Tyquan Lewis On IR". Colts.com.
- Bouda, Nate (June 13, 2019). "Titans Sign TE Ryan Hewitt, Waive TE Keith Towbridge".
- Wyatt, Jim (August 31, 2019). "Roster Moves: Titans Trim Roster to 53 Players While Also Trading WR Taywan Taylor to Browns". TitansOnline.com.