Roman Catholic Diocese of Bunbury
Diocese of Bunbury
|Territory||South West and Great Southern, Western Australia|
|Ecclesiastical province||Province of Perth|
|Metropolitan||Archdiocese of Perth|
|Area||184,000 km2 (71,000 sq mi)|
- Catholics (including non-members)
|(as of 2012)|
|Established||12 November 1954|
|Cathedral||St Patrick's Cathedral|
|Bishop||Gerard Joseph Holohan|
|Catholic Diocese of Bunbury|
The following individuals have been elected as Roman Catholic Bishop of Bunbury:
Order Name Date enthroned Reign ended Term of office Reason for term end 1 Lancelot Goody † 12 November 1954 18 October 1968 13 years, 341 days Elevated as Archbishop of Perth 2 Myles McKeon † 6 March 1969 18 February 1982 12 years, 349 days Resigned and appointed Bishop Emeritus of Bunbury 3 Peter Quinn † 26 May 1982 20 December 2000 18 years, 208 days Resigned and appointed Bishop Emeritus of Bunbury 4 Gerard Joseph Holohan 5 September 2001 present 19 years, 101 days n/a
- Great Southern deanery with regular liturgical services held in the parishes of Albany (St Joseph), Denmark (St Mary), Esperance (Star of the Sea), Katanning (St Patrick), Kojonup (St Bernard), Lake Grace (Maria Regina), Mount Barker (Sacred Heart), Narrogin (St Matthew), and Wagin (St Joseph)
- Lower South West deanery with regular liturgical services held in the parishes of Boyup Brook (St Mary), Bridgetown (St Brigid), Busselton (St Joseph and Our Lady of the Bay), Donnybrook (St Mary), Dunsborough (Our Lady of the Southern Cross), Manjimup (St Joseph), Margaret River (St Thomas More), and Pemberton (Sacred Heart)
- South West deanery with regular liturgical services held in the parishes of Bunbury (Cathedral Parish of St Patrick), Brunswick Junction (Our Lady's Assumption), Collie (St Brigid), Dardanup (The Immaculate Conception), Dawesville (St Damien), Harvey (Our Lady of Immaculate Conception), Australind (Church of the Living Vine), Mandurah (Our Lady's Assumption), Pinjarra (St Augustine), and Waroona (St Patrick)
In 2003 Adrian Richard Van Klooster, a Catholic priest, plead guilty to four counts of indecently dealing with children under the age of 13 and was found with child pornography on his computer.
- "Diocese of Bunbury". The Hierarchy of the Catholic Church. 20 February 2001. Retrieved 5 January 2007.
- "Parishes in the Bunbury Diocese". Catholic Diocese of Bunbury. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- "Bishop's plea after priest convicted". The Catholic Weekly. Australia. 2 February 2003. Archived from the original on 27 September 2011. Retrieved 18 September 2011.