Ringstedt (in High German, in Low Saxon Ringst, literally in Ring Stead) is a village and a former municipality in the district of Cuxhaven, in Lower Saxony, Germany. Since 1 January 2015 it is part of the town Geestland.
Ortsteil of Geestland
Reformed-Lutheran simultaneum St. Fabian Church
|• Total||26.26 km2 (10.14 sq mi)|
|Elevation||7 m (23 ft)|
|• Density||31/km2 (79/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Ringstedt belonged to the Prince-Archbishopric of Bremen, established in 1180. In 1648 the Prince-Archbishopric was transformed into the Duchy of Bremen, which was first ruled in personal union by the Swedish Crown – interrupted by a Danish occupation (1712–1715) – and from 1715 on by the Hanoverian Crown.
In 1807 the ephemeric Kingdom of Westphalia annexed the duchy, before France annexed it in 1810. In 1813 the duchy was restored to the Electorate of Hanover, which – after its upgrade to the Kingdom of Hanover in 1814 – incorporated the duchy in a real union and the ducal territory, including Ringstedt, became part of the new Stade Region, established in 1823.
Ringstedt is twinned with the Kentish village of West Farleigh in England. This relationship was built on many years of friendship developed through both communities and their sports clubs.
|This Cuxhaven district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|