|• Mayor||Michael Merz (none)|
|• Total||12.14 km2 (4.69 sq mi)|
|Elevation||300 m (1,000 ft)|
|• Density||640/km2 (1,600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
In 1330, the parish of Ransbach had its first documentary mention. Already in 959, however, the Montabaurer Zehntbeschreibung (a “description of tithes”), speaks of the vanished community of Desper (Dedinsburg) near Ransbach. In 1373, the name Babenbach for Baumbach crops up. In 1969, Ransbach and Baumbach were merged into one community. In 1971, in the course of municipal restructuring, the Verbandsgemeinde of Ransbach-Baumbach was founded. In 1975, Ransbach-Baumbach was granted town rights.
Schools and kindergartensEdit
- Many pottery works in and around Ransbach-Baumbach
- 40-m-high lookout tower on the Köppel
- Yearly pottery market on the first weekend in October
- Erlenhofsee (lake)
Since 1676 the Fohr Brewery has been in Ransbach-Baumbach.