Raising Fear is the third album by American heavy metal band Armored Saint. It was released in 1987 via Chrysalis Records. The band recorded the album as a four-piece as guitarist Phil Sandoval had left Armored Saint during the recording of its previous album, Delirious Nomad, although he rejoined the band a few years later.
|Studio album by|
|Released||September 5, 1987|
|Recorded||October 1986 - June 1987, Sound City, Van Nuys, California, Ocean Way Recording, Hollywood, California; Cherokee, Los Angeles, California; Lion Share, Los Angeles, California|
Mixed at Lions Share, Los Angeles, California
Mastered at Bernie Grundman Mastering Lab, Hollywood, California
|Producer||Armored Saint and Chris Minto|
|Armored Saint chronology|
After Raising Fear was released, Chrysalis dropped the band. This was the last Armored Saint studio album with guitarist Dave Prichard, who was diagnosed with leukemia in 1989 and died of the disease the following year, as the band was preparing for their next album Symbol of Salvation.
All tracks are written by Armored Saint, except where noted.
|2.||"Saturday Night Special" (Lynyrd Skynyrd cover)||Edward King, Ronnie Van Zant||4:24|
|3.||"Out on a Limb"||3:34|
|6.||"Frozen Will/Legacy"||David E. Prichard, Armored Saint||6:01|
|8.||"Book of Blood"||4:42|
|1.||"Crisis of Life"||4:05|
- Band Members
- Additional musician
- Phil Brown - musical contribution
- Steve MacMillan - engineering (assistant)
- Chris Minto - engineering, producer, mixing
- Kevin Savigar - special effects
- Neil Zlozower - photography
- Mike Doud - art direction
- Ray Pyle - engineering (assistant)
- Mike Bosley - engineering (assistant)
- Richard Kriegler - cover art
- David Eaton - engineering (assistant)
- Raising Fear at AllMusic
- Sharpe-Young, Garry (October 26, 2007). "Metal: The Definitive Guide : Heavy, NWOBH, Progressive, Thrash, Death, Black, Gothic, Doom, Nu". Jawbone Press – via Google Books.
- Roche, Jason (August 16, 2018). "Armored Saint's John Bush on the Tumultuous Period Around Symbol of Salvation". LA Weekly.
- "ARMORED SAINT Guitarist David Prichard Dies Of Leukaemia Aged 26 (February 28th, 1990) | News @ Metal Forces Magazine".
- Official Armored Saint Site
- Armored Saint on Allmusic Guide
- Armored Saint's Raising Fear on Encyclopaedia Metallum
|This 1980s metal album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|