Radlin, Silesian Voivodeship
Radlin [ˈradlʲin] is a town in Wodzisław County, Silesian Voivodeship, Poland, with 17,776 inhabitants (2019). Located in southern part of the Voivodeship, close to the Czech border, between 1975 and 1997, Radlin was a district of the city of Wodzisław Śląski.
Central square in Radlin
|Gmina||Radlin (urban gmina)|
|• Mayor||Barbara Magiera|
|• Total||12.53 km2 (4.84 sq mi)|
|Highest elevation||298 m (978 ft)|
|Lowest elevation||245 m (804 ft)|
|• Density||1,400/km2 (3,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
First mention of the settlement of Biertułtowy (which now makes the center of Radlin) comes from 1305, as Bertholdi villa. The very name Radlin probably comes from the Polish word radło, which means ard. In the 19th century, Radlin was one of the biggest villages of the Rybnik County of the Kingdom of Prussia. Like other locations of Upper Silesia, it grew in the 19th century, when several enterprises were opened there – Coal Mine Marcel, Coke Plant Radlin. In 1922, after Silesian Uprisings, it became part of Poland.
Twin towns – sister citiesEdit
- "Population. Size and structure and vital statistics in Poland by territorial divison in 2019. As of 30th June". stat.gov.pl. Statistics Poland. 2019-10-15. Retrieved 2020-03-19.
- "Radlin.pl / Historia". miasto.radlin.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 2017-02-07.
- "KS Górnik Radlin » o_klubie". KS Górnik Radlin (in Polish). Retrieved 2019-07-17.
- "Historia – Klub Gimnastyczny Radlin". kg.radlin.pl. Retrieved 2019-07-17.
- "Radlińscy olimpijczycy – Miejski Ośrodek Sportu i Rekreacji w Radlinie" (in Polish). Retrieved 2019-07-17.
- "Tężnia solankowa w Radlinie". www.teznia.radlin.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 2017-02-10.
- "Kolonia Emma w Radlinie". Kolonia Emma w Radlinie (in Polish). Retrieved 2017-02-10.
- "Miasta partnerskie". miasto.radlin.pl (in Polish). Radlin. Retrieved 2020-03-20.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Radlin.|
|This Wodzisław County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|