|Founder||Albert Della Porta and George Smith|
Premier was established in 1922 when a drummer, Albert Della Porta, partnered with George Smith to establish a company. Then set up on Berwick Street of London, being soon followed by Albert's brother Fred, who eventually became the first sales manager of the recently created company.
In the beginning, they manufactured drums for other companies like John E. Dallas (with the "Jedson" trademark), then starting with "Premier" instruments. First drum kits consisted of a bass drum, a snare, a stand, a cymbal and –sometimes– a small tom. The company grew into two factories, ending up in West London's Park Royal. By 1938 they also produced brass instruments as well as supplying drums to the armed forces. The company even built a guitar called "Premier Vox", in the early 1930s.
During World War II, the Government forced Premier to manufacture gun sights and electrical plugs and sockets for radar equipment. After the West London factory was bombed in 1940 the company moved to Wigston, where they occupied three small factories.
By 1986, Premier was one of the biggest factories in South Wigston, with 100,000 square feet covered and 180 employees. The company also exported its products to 120 countries.
- Julien Brown – Massive Attack
- Rick Buckler – The Jam
- Clem Burke – Blondie
- Phil Collins – Genesis
- Bobby Elliott – The Hollies
- Ginger Fish – Marylin Manson, Rob Zombie
- Nick Mason – Pink Floyd
- Nicko McBrain – Iron Maiden
- Mitch Mitchell – The Jimi Hendrix Experience
- Keith Moon – The Who
- Philip Selway – Radiohead
- Ringo Starr – The Beatles
- Steve White – Style Council, Paul Weller
- Brad Wilk – Rage Against the Machine
- Elite Series (1970s)
- Resonator Series
- Soundwave Series (1970s & 1980s)
- Black Shadow – A unique run of the Resonator series with a specially applied lacquer finish
- Projector Series
- Signia Series
- Signia Marquis Series
- Genista (original 90s version used only birch)
- Gen X (4ply maple/2ply birch)
- Artist Series
- Series Elite (Maple/Birch/Gen-X Hybrid)
- One series drums – unique one off kits and snares named of British towns and places of interest
- Modern Classic drums
- Club (rebranded continuation of 1979 Olympic)
- Olympic by Premier(1937-1979, 1991-present), inc. Super Olympic
- 2000 Snare
- Royal Ace Snare
- Carmine Appice Signature Snare
- Project One Snare
- 2003 Snare
- 2005 Snare
- Heavy Rock Nine 14"X9" Brass Snare
- Modern Classic Snares
- XC Series – part of the 90th-anniversary line.
- B.E.A.S.T. Snare
- 250 & 250S bass drum pedal
- 252 bass drum pedal
- 1251 bass drum pedal
- Gordon Mann 1 Wing Pipes and Drums
- Zyn Cymbals (Formerly)
- Interview With Keith Keough from Premier Percussion on The Drummer's Journal (archived), 6 Jun 2014
- [https://web.archive.org/web/20150214225417/http://www.mikedolbear.com/story.asp?StoryID=3499 Vintage (Over) View - Premier] on Mike Dolbear website (archived), 14 Feb 2015
- The Rocky History Of Premier Drums by Robert Henrit on Drum Magazine, 24 Aug 2011
- Premier Drum. South Wigston, Domesday reloaded on BBC (archived), Sep 1, 2017
- Ltd, Eazytiger. "Artists". drumset.premier-percussion.com. Retrieved 14 May 2016.
- "Mike Dolbear DRUMS | Interview with Clem Burke". mikedolbear.com. Archived from the original on 3 June 2016. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- Ltd, Eazytiger. "Premier Music International Limited". drumset.premier-percussion.com. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Nick Mason's Drum Gear".
- "Nicko McBrain celebrates 20 years with Premier Drums". MusicRadar. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- "Mitch Mitchell". DrumSoloArtist.com.
- "Premier drums to return to UK manufacture by 2012 (in time to celebrate its 90th anniversary!)". drumcool.com. 28 December 2011. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- Whotabs. "1967–1968 Pictures of Lily kit | Keith Moon's Drumkits | Whotabs". www.thewho.net. Retrieved 14 May 2016.
- "Phil Selway's Rig". The king of Gear.
- "Steve White ready to 'get hands dirty' in new Premier role". MusicRadar. Retrieved 14 May 2016.
- Youell, Andy. "DRUMARCHIVE.COM". drumarchive.com. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- Ltd, Eazytiger. "News – Premier launches British-made Modern Classic drum set". drumset.premier-percussion.com. Retrieved 13 May 2016.