The Three Eldest Children of Charles I (Turin)
(Redirected from Portrait of the Three Eldest Children of Charles I (Turin))
It shows Charles II, Mary and James II, the three eldest children of Charles I and his wife Henrietta Maria of France, with a spaniel to the left. It was commissioned by their mother to send to her sister Christine of France in Turin.
- (in Italian) Didier Bodart, Van Dyck, Prato, Giunti, 1997.
- (in Italian) Justus Müller Hofstede, Van Dyck, Milano, Rizzoli/Skira, 2004.
- (in Italian) Christopher Brown, Van Dyck 1599–1641, Milano, RCS Libri, 1999, ISBN 88-17-86060-3.
- (in Italian) Gian Pietro Bellori, Vite de' pittori, scultori e architecti moderni, Torino, Einaudi, 1976.
- (in Italian) Stefano Zuffi, Il Barocco, Verona, Mondadori, 2004.