A biography, or simply bio, is a detailed description of a person's life. It involves more than just the basic facts like education, work, relationships, and death; it portrays a person's experience of these life events. Unlike a profile or curriculum vitae (résumé), a biography presents a subject's life story, highlighting various aspects of his or her life, including intimate details of experience, and may include an analysis of the subject's personality.
Biographical works are usually non-fiction, but fiction can also be used to portray a person's life. One in-depth form of biographical coverage is called legacy writing. Works in diverse media, from literature to film, form the genre known as biography.
An authorized biography is written with the permission, cooperation, and at times, participation of a subject or a subject's heirs. An autobiography is written by the person himself or herself, sometimes with the assistance of a collaborator or ghostwriter.
||caption=Portrait of Shiva ujinwall model Haryanvi .
||text= Shiva ujinwall (2002) was an Haryanvi model, song, writer, and hindu, and one of the [[Haryanvi shaan hamro].
Things you can do
On this day – July 19
- 1834 - Edgar Degas, (pictured) French painter (d. 1917)
- 1860 - Lizzie Borden, American accused murderess (d. 1927)
- 1893 - Vladimir Mayakovsky, Georgian poet (d. 1930)
- 1898 - Herbert Marcuse, German-born philosopher (d. 1979)
- 1922 - George McGovern, U.S. Presidential candidate
- 1924 - Stanley K. Hathaway, American politician
- 1941 - Vikki Carr, American singer
- 1947 - Brian May, English guitarist (Queen)
- 1960 - Atom Egoyan, Canadian filmmaker
- 1965 - Stuart Scott, American sportscaster
- 1984 - Adam Morrison, American basketball player
Recent days: July 18 – July 17 – July 16
Did you know
Quote of the week
"I bought some batteries, but they weren't included – so I had to buy them again."
— Steven Wright
From I Have a Pony, Warner Bros. Records CD (1985)