Planá (Tachov District)
Planá (Czech pronunciation: [ˈplanaː ]; German: Plan), also known as Planá u Mariánských Lázní, is a town in the Plzeň Region of the Czech Republic. It has about 5,400 inhabitants. It lies some 50 km (30 mi) to the west from the region capital of Plzeň.
Planá u Mariánských Lázní
|• Mayor||Martina Němečková|
|• Total||62.54 km2 (24.15 sq mi)|
|Elevation||506 m (1,660 ft)|
|• Density||86/km2 (220/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Planá is also the seat of the Municipality with Commissioned Local Authority within the Tachov Municipality with Extended Competence.
- Joseph Helfert (1791–1847), jurist, ethnographer
- Siegfried Becher (1806–1873), Austrian political economist
- Hans Tropsch (1889–1935), chemist
- Petr Pavel (born 1961), Czech Army General
- Zdeněk Štybar (born 1985), cyclo-cross racer
- David Vaněček (born 1991), football player
- Dominik Kahun (born 1995), German ice-hockey player
Twin towns – sister citiesEdit
- Tirschenreuth, Germany
- "Population of Municipalities – 1 January 2020". Czech Statistical Office. 2020-04-30.
- "Podpis partnerské smlouvy měst Planá a Tirschenreuth". plana.cz (in Czech). Město Planá. Retrieved 2020-08-04.
|This Plzeň Region location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|