Peter R. Neumann
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Peter R. Neumann (born 4 December 1974) is a German journalist and academic who frequently appears on radio and television as an expert on terrorism and political violence. He is the Founding Director of the International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation and Political Violence as well as Professor of Security Studies at the War Studies Department of King's College London.
Peter R. Neumann
|Born||4 December 1974|
|Organization||International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation and Political Violence|
Before becoming an academic Neumann worked in Germany as a radio journalist. According to his biography he 'went to university in Berlin, Belfast and London. He received an MA in Political Science from the Free University of Berlin and a PhD in War Studies from King's College London.'
His German language book on the IRA, IRA: Langer Weg zum Frieden (The Long Way to Peace) was published in 1999 and republished in 2002.
In November 2003 Palgrave Macmillan published Neumann's second book Britain's Long War: British Strategy in the Northern Ireland Conflict 1969-98, which explored the strategy of the British Government in Northern Ireland from its intervention in 1969 to the Belfast Agreement in 1998.
In March 2005 Neumann also acted as senior advisor to the National Policy Forum on Terrorism, Security and America's Purpose, which took place in Washington D.C in September 2005.
Neumann was director at the Centre for Defence Studies at King's College London from 2005-7 and was then appointed as Director of The International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation and Political Violence (ICSR); a terrorism research institute based at King's College London.
- Federal Criminal Police Office (BKA), Member of the European Expert Network on Terrorism Issues
- International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation and Political Violence (ICSR)
- Center on Global Counterterrorism Cooperation, a project of the Fourth Freedom Forum, Advisor
- Professor Peter Neumann at King's College London
- Returning Jihadis: A Generational Threat - Fathom Journal, 23 November 2016
- bio on King's College London website, accessed 29 October 2010
- Leverhulme Trust, Awards to Individuals 2003 Archived 2007-02-21 at the Wayback Machine, p. 15, accessed 29 October 2010
- ICSR: Peter Neumann – Director
- Christian Wiermer (April 20, 2017), NRW-Wahlkampf: Terror-Professor wird Berater von CDU-Spitzenkandidat Armin Laschet Express
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-12-13. Retrieved 2009-10-16.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)