Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 8
Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 8 comprises portions of Butler and Mercer counties in the northwestern part of the state. Incumbent Tedd Nesbit won election to the Court of Common Pleas in 2019 and later resigned from the house. A special election to fill the remainder of Nesbit's term was held on March 17, 2020 and was won by Republican Timothy R. Bonner.
|Current||Timothy R. Bonner (R–Grove City)|
• Citizens of voting age
|Prior to 1969, seats were apportioned by county.|
|Roy Wilt||Republican||1969 – 1981||Greenville, Pennsylvania||Elected to Pennsylvania Senate in 1981.|
|Howard Fargo||Republican||1981 – 2001||Grove City, Pennsylvania|
|Dick Stevenson||Republican||2001 – 2015||Grove City, Pennsylvania|
|Tedd Nesbit||Republican||2015 – 2020||Grove City, Pennsylvania||Elected to Mercer County Court of Common Pleas in 2019.|
|Timothy R. Bonner||Republican||2020–present||Grove City, Pennsylvania||Elected in March 12, 2020 special election|
Recent election resultsEdit
|Margin of victory|
|Republican||Tedd C. Nesbit||14,098||100||100|
|Margin of victory|
|Democratic||Judith D Hines||9,446||33.38|
|Margin of victory||9,407||33.24|
- Friel, Tyler (2019-12-04). "Special Election Expected To Be Held For Rep. Nesbit's Seat". ButlerRadio.com. Retrieved 2019-12-06.
- "Coronavirus didn't halt special elections in Pa.; GOP picks up 3 House seats". www.pennlive.com. 2020-03-18. Retrieved 2020-03-18.
- "Composite Listing of House of Representatives Districts" (PDF). Pennsylvania Department of State. Retrieved 2015-02-19.
- District map from the United States Census Bureau
- Pennsylvania House Legislative District Maps from the Pennsylvania Redistricting Commission.
- Population Data for District 44 from the Pennsylvania Redistricting Commission.
|This article related to the politics of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Pennsylvania-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|