Life and educationEdit
Kwok-Choon was born in Montreal, to Sino-Mauritian parents. At the age of five, he subsequently moved to the suburb of Brossard where he grew up.
He holds a Bachelor's of Arts & Sciences in Communication Studies from Concordia University. He subsequently moved to Toronto to attend George Brown Theatre School. Soon after graduating, he was offered a seat on George Brown Theatre School's Advisory Board.
In 2014, out of 600 applicants, he was one out of the ten artists offered scholarships to train at the CFC Actors Conservatory.
He currently resides and works in Toronto, Ontario and Los Angeles, California.
Kwok-Choon landed his first starring role immediately after graduation. He played Ferdinand in the Canadian Stage's production of The Tempest. As the show was running, he was hired again by Canadian Stage to rehearse and perform in Rock 'n' Roll by Tom Stoppard. Rock 'n' Roll was directed by Donna Feore, the spouse of Canada's screen and stage legend Colm Feore. "Rock 'n" Roll" ran in the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts in Toronto, Ontario and the Citadel Theatre in Edmonton, Alberta.
Kwok-Choon played Private David Taylor in The National Theatre of London / Mirvish co-production of War Horse. He also served as one of the main puppeteers in the show, and was trained by Handspring Puppet Company's.
Kwok-Choon's breakthrough role in television was for the Global TV's movie Befriend and Betray, directed by Ken Girotti followed suit by CBC Television movie Sunshine Sketches of a Little Town directed by Don McBrearty. He has also guest starred on Rookie Blue, Nikita, and Lucky 7.
Kwok-Choon's most notable role was "Seth Park", a series lead on Open Heart. Open Heart is a 2015 American/Canadian mystery-drama television series produced by the Epitome Pictures unit of DHX Media in association with Marblemedia. It first aired on January 20, 2015, on TeenNick in the United States and previously on YTV; now currently on ABC Spark in Canada.
|2010||Covert Affairs||DCS Staffer|
|Being Erica||Young Doctor|
|2011||Befriend and Betray||Bunny Ho|
|Rookie Blue||Kenny Chan|
|The Ron James Show||Tim|
|2012||Sunshine Sketches of a Little Town||Mallory Tompkins|
|2014||The Best Laid Plans||Michael Zaleski|
|Beethoven's Treasure Tail||Justin|
|2015||Open Heart||Seth Park |
|Odd Squad||Taekwon-Do Tony|
|2016||Shoot the Messenger||Roger Deacon|
|Man Seeking Woman||Spencer|
|2017||Wynonna Earp||Perry Crofte|
|2017-2019||Star Trek: Discovery||Gen Rhys|
- https://web.archive.org/web/20140519160200/http://northernstars.ca/actorsjkl/kwok-choon_patrick.html. Archived from the original on May 19, 2014. Retrieved December 20, 2015. Missing or empty
- Lucy (2010-04-02). "Review: A Boy Called Newfoundland- Theatre Smash". Mooney on Theatre. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- "Paula Citron | Theatre Review – War Horse (National Theatre of Great Britain/Handspring Puppet Company/David Mirvish)". Paulacitron.ca. 2012-03-02. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- "Review - War Horse - Mirvish Productions, Toronto - Christopher Hoile". Stage-door.com. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- "Epitome Pictures Starts Production on Open Heart For YTV in... - HALIFAX, LOS ANGELES, LONDON, TORONTO, VANCOUVER, Aug. 5, 2014". Newswire.ca. 2014-08-05. Retrieved 2015-10-28.