Paramount Theater (Atlanta)
The Paramount Theater was a theater that stood from 1920 to 1960 on Peachtree Street between Ellis and Houston (now John Wesley Dobbs) streets in downtown Atlanta, next to Loew's Grand Theatre. It was designed by architectural firm Hentz, Reid & Adler. Upon its opening, the Atlanta Constitution called it "the South's most palatial theater", and had a pipe organ and seating for 1,000 people. Enrico Leide, conductor of the first Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, was chosen as music director.
In September 1929 the Howard Theater was renamed the Paramount Theater.
- "The South's Most Palatial Theater", Atlanta Constitution, December 12, 1920
- Paramount site on Scotty Moore blog, consolidating information excepted from articles written by John Tanner and info from John McCall about Atlanta Theaters And Their Organs that were published in newsletters in October 2006 and May of 2007 by the Atlanta Chapter of the American Theater Organ Society
- Atlanta History Center Archived 2013-03-31 at the Wayback Machine
- Atlanta Architecture: Art Deco to Modern Classic, 1929-1959, Volume 1', Robert Michael Craig, p.65