Orby TV is an American direct broadcast satellite provider based in Burbank, California. Founded in 2019, Orby transmits digital satellite television and audio to households within the United States and its territories on pan-American satellite Eutelsat 117 West A. The company's primary competitors are Dish Network, DirecTV and cable television providers. Orby TV's CEO is Michael Thornton, who formerly served as chief executive officer of Starz.
|Founded||2019(as Orby TV)|
|Products||Prepaid satellite pay television, streaming television|
Orby TV offers two packages: Essentials and Extras. Essentials includes 46 specialty channels, of which 20 are in high definition. The Extras package adds 24 standard definition specialty channels to the Essentials package, for a total of 70 channels.
The Orby TV satellite dish includes a television antenna to receive local broadcast television stations (such as ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox), which allows Orby TV to limit the amount of retransmission fees it pays to content distributors. These local channels are unavailable via Orby TV satellite service, and availability varies per region.
- "About Us | Orby TV". Orby TV. Retrieved May 28, 2020.
- "Orby TV Launches Pay-as-You-Go Satellite TV Service (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 28, 2020.
- "Orby TV Review: 5 Things to Know Before You Sign Up". Clark Howard. November 1, 2019. Retrieved May 28, 2020.
- Willcox, James K. "How Orby TV Is Targeting Cord-Cutters". Consumer Reports. Retrieved May 28, 2020.
- email@example.com (March 22, 2019). "About Us". Orby TV (in Spanish). Retrieved May 28, 2020.
|This corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This broadcasting-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|