|• Total||52.43 km2 (20.24 sq mi)|
|Highest elevation||80 m (260 ft)|
|Lowest elevation||45 m (148 ft)|
|• Density||250/km2 (640/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
02592 (part of Vinnums)
Bishop Wolfhelm, who originated from the Ulfloa Oberhof, gave the small town its name in 889. Wolfhelm was the fourth bishop of "Mimingardeford", today called Münster.
The fire disaster of 1857, in which 142 houses were destroyed, has gone down as the "Great Fire of Olfen" in Olfen's history books.
Interesting sights include St. Vitus church, a castle and a historic sawmill.
Wilhelm Sendermann (CDU) was elected for mayor in September 2015 with 87,4 % of the vote.
- Thomas Hoof (born 1948), founder of Manufactum
- Günter Schlierkamp (born 1970), professional bodybuilder
- "Bevölkerung der Gemeinden Nordrhein-Westfalens am 31. Dezember 2019" (in German). Landesbetrieb Information und Technik NRW. Retrieved 17 June 2020.
- Wilhelm Sendermann ist neuer Bürgermeister, Ruhrnachrichten vom 13. September 2015
- "Interactive City Directory". Sister Cities International.
|This Coesfeld district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|