Oak Hill Capital Partners
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Oak Hill Capital Partners is a private equity firm headquartered in New York City, with more than $19 billion of committed capital from leading entrepreneurs, endowments, foundations, corporations, pension funds and global financial institutions. Robert Bass is the lead investor.
|Headquarters||65 East 55th Street|
New York City, United States
|Products||Private equity funds, Leveraged buyouts|
|Total assets||$10.4 billion|
Number of employees
Oak Hill Capital is one of several Oak Hill partnerships, each of which has an independent management team. These Oak Hill partnerships comprise over $18 billion of investment capital across multiple asset classes, including private equity, special situations, high yield and bank debt, venture capital, real estate and a public equity exchange fund.
On April 20, 2010 the company announced acquisition of Denver-based data center company ViaWest Inc. for an undisclosed amount.
In 2017 the company sold Wave Broadband for more than $2.3 billion. 
Robert Bass, who was an early investor in leveraged buyouts in the 1980s and employed David Bonderman and Jim Coulter the founders of Texas Pacific Group, is the lead investor in Oak Hill Capital Partners.
Other investors include the Country of Singapore and Stanford University. 
Over a period of nearly twenty years, Oak Hill Capital has invested in more than fifty significant private equity transactions, including:
- Imagine Group
- Atlantic Broadband
- The Container Store
- Butler Animal Health Supply
- EXL Service
- Progressive Moulded Products
- TravelCenters of America
- Blackboard Inc.
- American Savings Bank (Washington Mutual)
- Bell & Howell (ProQuest)
- Oreck Corporation
- Vertex Data Science
- Wometco Cable Corporation
- Dave & Buster's
- Local TV LLC
- Checkers and Rally's
- Safe Fleet
- Burger King
In January 2018, Oak Hill Capital Partners acquired Safe Fleet from The Sterling Group. No value of the deal was mentioned.
- Tyler Wolfram
- Scott Baker
- Brian Cherry
- Benjamin Diesbach
- Stratton R. Heath III
- John R. Monsky
- Steven G. Puccinelli
- John Rachwalski
- Adam Hahn
- Charles Buaron
- Jeffery Mettam
- Christopher Williams
- businessweek.com, February 28, 2005 Business Week article
- Investcorp to complete $1.43 billion Berlin Packaging sale to Oak Hill in October. Reuters, 1 October 2014
- "Oak Hill Capital Partners to Acquire Safe Fleet". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2018-09-05.
- Cooper, Laura (2018-06-15). "Oak Hill Leads Recapitalization of VetCor". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2020-03-31.
- "VetCor Closes Recapitalization | Harvest Partners". Retrieved 2020-03-31.