Arena Nürnberger Versicherung
The Arena Nürnberger Versicherung (originally known as the Nuremberg Arena) is a multi-use indoor arena that is located in Nuremberg, Germany. It can host sports matches, including those of tennis, ice hockey, handball, and basketball, as well as musical concerts. It has a capacity of up to 9,400 people for sports, and up to 11,000 people for concerts.
|Former names||Nuremberg Arena (2001-05)|
|Location||Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany|
Ice Hockey: 7,809
|Opened||15 February 2001|
|Nürnberg Ice Tigers (2001–present)|
Brose Bamberg (2015–present) (selected matches)
The arena opened in 2001. On 22 April 2003, Irish vocal pop band Westlife held a concert for their Unbreakable Tour supporting their album Unbreakable - The Greatest Hits Vol. 1. In 2005, it was renamed Arena Nürnberger Versicherung to reflect its sponsorship by a local insurance firm. On 7 November 2009, David Haye won the WBA Heavyweight Championship, against Nikolai Valuev, at the arena, in his first attempt at the heavyweight title.
The German Basketball League club, Brose Bamberg, has also played EuroLeague home games at the arena in the 2005–06 EuroLeague season, against the Greek League club AEK Athens, during the 2015–16 EuroLeague season against the Spanish League club Real Madrid, and during the 2016–17 EuroLeague season against the Turkish Super League club Efes. They also played a home game in the 2017–18 season, against FC Barcelona.
- Bestuhlung (in German).
- und Fakten zur ARENA (in German).
- GHP BAMBERG 71 AEK ATHENS 61 DECEMBER 15, 2005 ARENA NÜRNBERGER VERSICHERUNGEN.
- Bilder von Sportvarianten Basketball (in German).
- ROSE BASKETS BAMBERG 86 REAL MADRID 90 FEBRUARY 25, 2016 ARENA NURNBERGER VERSICHERUNG.
- 2016-17 Regular Season Round 12 DECEMBER 15, 2016 ARENA NURNBERGER VERSICHERUNG.
- NOVEMBER 15, 2017 CET: 20:00 LOCAL TIME: 20:00 ARENA NURNBERGER VERSICHERUNG.
- Official Site (in German)