This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||27 September 1993 (as Cabovisão)|
19 September 2016 (as NOWO)
|Products||Landline, mobile, broadband, television|
Apax France and Fortino Capital have been NOWO's shareholders since September 2015. In Portugal, these groups also own the telecommunications company ONI, which operates in the corporate market, however, ONI was already previously owned by Cabovisão, after its purchase by Altice, in 2012.
NOWO has one of the biggest fiber optic networks, around 14,000 km (~8,700 mi) (covering more than 70 municipalities and 200 parishes), with the capacity of providing service to more than 900 thousand houses. The operator offers wide coverage in the central, interior and southern areas of Portugal.
In order to compete with other companies in Portugal, which offer the same type of services, such as NOS or MEO, NOWO is first telecommunication company to launch the option for customers to choose their own package, thus giving them more freedom to pay for the services they want. NOWO is also known for offering the cheapest packages in the Portuguese market. The Portuguese telecommunications operator has opted for a price reduction strategy, which no other operator in the market practices.
NOWO was created in September 2016 as a result of the Cabovisão rebranding.
NOWO has national mobile coverage, with 4G speeds, allowing the company to create a mobile offer available throughout the country and abroad, through roaming agreements established with foreign operators. The coverage is possible due to the MVNO agreement- mobile virtual network operator which allows use of other operator networks – celebrated on January 2016 with MEO.
- "ANACOM imposes corrective measures on MEO, NOS, Nowo and Vodafone". ANACOM. 2017-08-01.
- Brito, Ana. "Altice vende Cabovisão e Oni à Apax França". PÚBLICO. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "Oni e Nowo concentram operações em Lisboa". Dinheiro Vivo (in Portuguese). 2016-09-21. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "NOWO - Veja os melhores pacotes e preços". Comparamais (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2019-11-05.
- "APDC - Cabovisão passa a NOWO". www.apdc.pt. Retrieved 2017-06-28.